This colliery (1931-1963) was located at the far west extent of the Wilsontown Branch (Caledonian Railway) on a mineral line opened for the colliery which branched from the 1869 Climpy Colliery extension of the Wilsontown line.
Kingshill No 2 was west of Wilsontown and east of Kingshill Colliery No 1 and Kingshill Colliery No 3.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
| Climpy Colliery|
Wilsontown Colliery Pit No 3
Knowton Signal Box
Kingshill Colliery No 3
Wilsontown Colliery Pit No 9
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1920||Wilsontown Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
The Line was extended about this date (probably 1927/8) 3.5 miles west to Kingshill Colliery No 2. There was already a short section open between Wilsontown and to the west of Climpy Road to Climpy Colliery.