Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway.
This was an island platform station. Parallel to it, and to the west, was Whifflet Lower and to the north, crossing both NBR and CR lines was Whifflet Upper. There was a platform building with a glazed canopy and access was via a footbridge which approached the south end of the platform from the Coatbank Street overbridge which crosses the NBR and CR lines.
The goods yard, Whifflet East Goods, was on the east side. It was approached by reversal from the southbound line.
The station closed in 1930 and the platform remained after closure until the 1960s.
The platform has been removed and tracks realigned.
Calder Iron Works [Station]
Coatbridge Central [NB]
| Whifflet East Goods|
Whifflet North Junction
Whifflat Junction [Rosehall Junction]
Lochrin Iron Works
Coatbank Engine Works
Whifflet East Junction
Coatbridge Tinplate Works
Rosehall Siding Signal Box
Lochrin Construction Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|