The former station at Newport-on-Tay East, (opened as East Newport in 1879) seen in June 2008 looking towards Tayport. The eastbound platform ran along the line of the hedge and the station clock was located above the nearest bay window. This became the terminus of the line from Dundee in 1965 when Tayport station was closed to facilitate the building of the Tay Road Bridge. Newport-on-Tay East station was finally closed in May 1969.
Location: Newport-on-Tay East
Company: Newport Railway
Photographer: Brian Forbes
Contact photographer: Brian Forbes
Image number: 19399