Drumgelloch

...Long live Drumgelloch! Work underway on construction of the new Drumgelloch station on 14 June 2010. View west towards the station site from the new bridge carrying Towers Road, opened a few days previously. The new Drumgelloch stands approximately 550m east of the original and adjoins the site of the former Clarkston (Lanarks) station which occupied the area immediately below the camera (the electricity sub station behind the grey metal fence on the right was built on the site of the main station building). Clarkston (Lanarks) station opened in 1862 and closed to passengers in 1956. See image 20208

Location: Drumgelloch

Company: New Monkland Line (Monkland Railways)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 14/06/2010

Image number: 29370

Tags: Airdrie - Bathgate re-opening
Other photographs of Drumgelloch on RailScot