Looking north towards Glenoglehead Crossing and its distinctively diminutive signal box during track-lifting operations on the Callander & Oban line in December 1966. Glenoglehead served as the station for Killin from 1870 until the branch opened in 1886, and survived just 5 more years as a public station - the loop however remained open until the end, splitting what would otherwise have been a 7 mile single-track section between Balquhidder and Killin Junction, much of it at 1 in 60 up Glen Ogle. See image 19052
Location: Glenoglehead Crossing
Original line: Callander and Oban Railway
Photographer: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)
Contact photographer: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)
Date: 12/1966
Image number: 31542