Following withdrawal of County School to Wroxham passenger trains in 1952, Reepham (GER) became a freight only terminus until lifted track was relaid to a new connection with the Norwich to Melton Constable line (M&GN) at Themelthorpe in 1960. Shown here are the (then) still open, but seldom used, sidings at Reepham in May 1977, looking east towards the station. In 2010, the station had become a pleasant café, the goods shed a craft centre, and the trackbed a footpath/cycleway.
Location: Reepham (Norfolk)
Company: Great Eastern Railway
Photographer: Mark Dufton
Contact photographer: Mark Dufton
Image number: 32002