This striking canopy at West Kirby was built for the 1938 Wirral lines electrification but behind the original Victorian station building is still used. The two platforms both see regular trains and alongside each are electrified stabling sidings. The goods yard was originally to the left of the picture, the site now covered by council offices. Merseyrail EMU 507030 awaits departure for Liverpool Central on 11 June.
Location: West Kirby
Photographer: Mark Bartlett
Contact photographer: Mark Bartlett
Image number: 34505