A four-coach DMU from Edinburgh approaches Melrose on rugby Sevens day, Saturday 9th April 1965. The historic Melrose Abbey, dating from 1136, stands centre left directly above the rear of the train. Use of the more economical DMUs on the Waverley Route north of Hawick was restricted to weekend and seasonal workings.
Photographer: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)
Contact photographer: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)
Image number: 37246