Balornock Shed

Drummond Small Ben 4-4-0 no 54398 Ben Alder in sidings alongside Balornock Shed around 1961. Withdrawn from operational service in 1953, the former HR locomotive, built by Dubs & Co in 1898, was stored in a number of locations, pending possible preservation, before finally being cut up at MMS Wishaw in May 1966.

Location: Balornock Shed

Company: Garnkirk and Glasgow Railway

Photographer: David Stewart

Contact photographer: David Stewart

Contact editor

Date: 1961

Image number: 45742


Other photographs of Balornock Shed on RailScot