Broughton [2nd]

42737 at Broughton on 29 March 1964 with Scottish Rambler no 3. The Crab had brought the special from Symington to what was then the limit of the former route to Peebles (the line east having closed in 1954). This surviving section had been retained to serve a nearby meat processing facility. On the left is the old island platform built in 1896 to serve the Talla Railway see image 6635.

Location: Broughton [2nd]

Company: Symington, Biggar and Broughton Railway

Photographer: John Robin

Contact photographer: John Robin

Contact editor

Date: 29/03/1964

Image number: 45818


Other photographs of Broughton [2nd] on RailScot