The stub of the Border Counties line to Hexham survives as a headshunt just south of Riccarton Junction in September 1963, with the north end of the railway village just visible in the distance. The line had closed to passengers in 1956 and to freight in 1958.
Location: Riccarton Junction
Photographer: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)
Contact photographer: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)
Image number: 47055