Remains of an old ballast quarry by the White Hill, north of Shankend, on the west side of the Waverley route. When the line was being built it was served by a triangular junction until the embankment became too high. Latterly it was accessed via a siding from the north. It seems to have closed around the time of the line's opening in 1862. View in 2014, with the Waverley trackbed running north towards Stobs.
Photographer: Ewan Crawford
Contact photographer: Ewan Crawford
Image number: 48655