West Vale

L&YR 2-4-2T no 50865 of Southport shed stands at the former West Vale station (closed to passengers 1929) with the SLS/MLS 'Pennine Rail Tour Special' on 5th May 1951. The gentleman in the hat and long coat striding towards the boxes on the platform is the late Mr. J. E. Shaw, long time Accrington Branch Secretary of the Stephenson Locomotive Society. [Correction/resubmission - with thanks to Vic Smith and the Manchester Locomotive Society]

Location: West Vale

Company: Stainland Branch (Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway)

Photographer: W A Camwell Collection (Courtesy Mark Bartlett)

Contact photographer: W A Camwell Collection (Courtesy Mark Bartlett)

Contact editor

Date: 05/05/1951

Image number: 49795