The original 1876 arched roof of St Enoch seen under construction from the west showing the undercroft. The second roof was added in 1901 and built to the south (right) of the original and the approach lines quadrupled through to Port Eglinton Junction. With the two routes to Paisley and the Lochwinnoch Loop this quadrupling effectively continued through to Dalry Junction. The small roofs seen beyond the station are those of Dunlop Street, the terminus of the line from 1870 until the large station was completed.
Location: Glasgow St Enoch
Company: City of Glasgow Union Railway
Photographer: Ewan Crawford Collection
Contact photographer: Ewan Crawford Collection
Image number: 52977