Part of a 1:1250 map of showing Barnton station (which was to close in 1951) and, off-photo, not much else. The station was called Cramond Brig when if first opened; Barnton was then just a house. It's odd therefore that the previous station, in the village of Davidson's Mains, was initially called 'Barnton Gate'. Notice the Parliamentary constituency: odd to think that the voters in this north-western suburb of Edinburgh shared an MP with the burghers of Peebles!
Contributor's collection. Crown copyright.
Company: Barnton Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Photographer: David Panton
Contact photographer: David Panton
Image number: 56244Tags: Map