Wetheral

A rainy day at Wetheral on 12 May 2006 looking west towards Carlisle. The 1836 station, closed in 1967 and reopened in 1981 as an unstaffed halt, also serves the nearby village of Great Corby, which stands to the east, separated from Wetheral by the valley of the River Eden. The canopy on the right gives access to the walkway along the north side of Wetheral Viaduct which provides a pedestrian link between Great Corby and the station. See image 32749

Location: Wetheral

Company: Newcastle and Carlisle Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 12/05/2006

Image number: 56592


Other photographs of Wetheral on RailScot