Built by the Caledonian Railway in 1866, the large 8 road shed at Motherwell is seen here in 2014. Having been taken over by EWS after BR privatisation the depot was closed in 2007 when EWS operations moved to Mossend. Nowadays the site office accommodation is used by Network Rail, with other facilities leased to DRS who use the depot for wagon repairs and the stabling of locomotives and stock deployed on ScotRail services.
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 67214