Road approach to the former station at Amisfield on the Dumfries - Lockerbie line in 2008. The platform ran along the rear of the building at first floor level. Opened in 1863, the station lost its passenger service in 1952, with the line closing completely in 1966. To say the route was lightly used would be an exaggeration see image 23059. Few signs of the old railway survive along this rural backwater, although just off picture to the right stand two bridge abutments that once carried the single line across an unclassified road to reach the platform.
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 68943