Old photograph looking east across the platforms at Coatbridge Central. Many of the town's buildings have direct links to its industrial past including, on the extreme left of the picture, the impressive clock tower of New St Andrews Parish Church, opened in 1839 (as Gartsherrie church) for the benefit of the workers and families of William Baird & Co, Ironmasters.
Location: Coatbridge Central
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 69104