Main entrance to Powderhall depot from Broughton Road, looking north on a bright and sunny 22 June 2019. Demolition work and decontamination of the site, previously used for refuse processing, incineration and containerised disposal of compacted waste by rail, is now almost complete. (The sign beyond the gate on the right still reads Powderhall Waste Transfer Station). Note the original 1893 building, once known as The Destructor (part of which can be seen on the right) is to be retained and converted for use as 'flexible workspace and community space'.
Photographer: Andy Furnevel
Contact photographer: Andy Furnevel
Image number: 69326