GWR 4900 Class 4-6-0 no. 4953 'Pitchford Hall' arriving at North Weald station with an Epping Ongar Railway train from Ongar, on 23rd February 2020. This locomotive entered service from Swindon Works on 31st August 1929 and was withdrawn on 31st May 1963 and sent to Woodham's scrapyard at Barry in south Wales where it remained until 1984. After a comprehensive overhaul at Tyseley Locomotive Works, it moved under its own steam for the first time in preservation in February 2004, then touring a number of heritage lines until purchased by the EOR in 2012.
Location: North Weald
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 72551