A look along what was once the Caledonian main line out of Edinburgh between Dalry Junction and Merchiston station. The line once went straight ahead to Merchiston, but the trackbed behind the traffic light has been built over. There are clear traces of a siding in the left foreground which served a small works. This had been lifted even by the 1948 OS map.
Location: Dalry Junction [Edinburgh]
Company: Caledonian Railway
Photographer: David Panton
Contact photographer: David Panton
Image number: 72677