The present Hellifield station was opened by the Midland Railway on 1st June 1880, replacing an earlier station opened by the 'Little' North Western Railway in 1849. Despite its rather rundown appearance with disused track-removed bay platforms, it has been a Grade II Listed Structure since 1977. The north end is seen here from RTC's return steam-hauled excursion from Carlisle to Preston, restarting after a water stop, on a rainy 14th March 2020.
Company: North Western Railway
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 72790