Gleensk Viaduct, between Mountain Stage and Kells, on the former Irish standard guage Farranfore to Valentia Harbour branch pictured on 27th October 2019. The line opened from Farranfore to Killorglin on 15th January 1885 and from there to Valentia Harbour on 12th September 1893. The viaduct is 11 spans and stands 70ft above the Gleensk River. The line closed on 1 February 1960. The line between Glenbeigh and Valentia Harbour is to be converted into the South Kerry Greenway. This has proved controversial with some local farmers and a compulsory purchase order procedure is being used.
Location: Gleensk Viaduct
Photographer: Mark Poustie
Contact photographer: Mark Poustie
Image number: 73902