No.3 '2nd Division USAAF', waiting to depart from Aylsham with a Bure Valley Railway service to Wroxham, on 30th May 2016. This diesel hydraulic was built in 1988 by engineering firm John Edwards of Great Yarmouth and tested on the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway. It was then used during construction of the BVR, which opened in 1990 along the trackbed of the former standard gauge line, closed to passengers in 1952 and to freight in 1981. This locomotive was originally named 'Buxton Mill' but renamed in tribute to the Division that flew B24 Liberators from fourteen airfields in Norfolk during WWII.
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 74319