Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Edinburgh and Bathgate Railway.
West Calder Branch Junction was moved further west in 1920, this brought it closer to Bathgate Shed and Bathgate Yard which now had looped sidings rather than sidings only approached from the west. The new box controlled their eastern approach. The new connection was trailing but with a facing crossover. The West Calder Branch Junction box was replaced with a new box ^Bathgate East^ at the new junction. This was the second Bathgate East Junction, the original being renamed Bathgate Central Junction at this time.
After closure of Seafield Oil Works the stub of the branch remained to serve the Moss Litter Works,for peat extraction which had its own narrow gauge line laid out on a grid pattern. Near the end of the shortened branch was a loop.
The branch closed in 1955. The signal box closed in 1964.
The line remains open. It is now a modern electrified railway providing a secondary Edinburgh and Glasgow route via Bathgate and Airdrie.
Just to the west is Bathgate East LMD, the eastern approach to Bathgate LMD.
| Bathgate East LMD|
Balbardie Brick Works
Bathgate STVA Aborted Siding [West]
Bathgate Truck Plant
Bathgate West LMD
Bathgate Central Junction
Bathgate STVA Aborted Siding [East]
Balbardie Steel Works
Moss Litter Works
Bathgate West Junction [1st]
Bathgate Brass Foundry
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Vanished Railways of West Lothian