This is the northern terminus of the Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway [Preserved] (Boness and Kinneil Railway ).
Heritage steam and diesel trains operate south to Manuel where a connection is made to the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway main line.
The station has the former 1842 iron trainshed from Haymarket station (^A^ listed), signal box from Garnqueen South Junction (^A^ listed) and footbridge from Murthly. The station building is from Wormit.
It is a two platform station. A longer platform with loop and a bay, on its south side, at the west end.
The first station in Bo^ness was further west Bo'ness [1st].
The railway is operated by the Scottish Railway Preservation Society who also operate the Museum of Scottish Railways at the station.
Manuel Low Level
Manuel High Level
| The Museum of Scottish Railways|
Bridgeness No 6 Colliery
Kinneil Iron Works
Kinneil Slag Hill
Watt^s Workshop Kinneil House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1875||Bo'ness Dock|
Authorisation to build a wet dock on the east side of Bo^ness Harbour. The dock would be served by the Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway with coal hoists at the east end of the dock. A timber basin was also added - located to the south of today^s Bo'ness station, now the car park.
|/ /1979||Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Scottish Railway Preservation Society starts to build line at Bo'ness.
|/ /1981||Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
New Bo'ness station opened by Scottish Railway Preservation Society.
|/ /1987||Dalderse and Springfield Iron Works Branch (North British Railway)|
Scottish Railway Preservation Society stock moved from Springfield Yard to Bo'ness.
|/ /1990||Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Scottish Railway Preservation Society completes Bo'ness line to Manuel Junction (A station was opened here and the line may be extended to join the Union Canal).
|/ /1995||Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Scottish Railway Museum opens as the Scottish Railway Exhibition at Bo'ness.