Boydston Signal Box (1896-1948)
Opened on the Largs Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway).
This signal box was located between West Kilbride (to the north) and Ardrossan (Parkhouse Junction). The box was on the east side of the line a short way south of the Kirkland Glen Viaduct. The box opened in 1896, there may have been a temporary box just prior to this (although this is not shown on the 1896 OS map).
In the Second World War the Montfode Oil Depot opened to the south.
Ardrossan Montgomerie Pier
Ardrossan Winton Pier
Ardrossan South Beach
Other railway and industry locations
Boydston Signal Box
Kirkland Glen Viaduct
Montfode Oil Depot
Montfode Fuel Depot Sidings
Ardrossan North Shed
Ardrossan North Goods
Ardrossan Western Breakwater
Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [2nd]
Ardrossan Shed [GSW] [1st]
Ardrossan Old Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Gourock to Largs Coast Through Time
Largs 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 03.12 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Old West Kilbride