Dentonholme Goods (1883-1973)
Opened on the Dentonholme Goods (Dentonholme Joint Committee).
This goods yard, opened in 1883 was built on a double track loop (Dentonholme Goods (Dentonholme Joint Committee)) to the west of the 1877 Carlisle Goods Loop (Carlisle Goods Traffic Committee).
The loop was opened by the Dentonholme Joint Committee, formed by the Glasgow and South Western Railway, Midland Railway and North British Railway.
Sidings fanned out on the west side of the loop from Dentonholme North Goods Junction to the north of the sidings. A large goods shed was at the south end of the site, with two sidings serving either side from the north and further sidings off to the west.
The yard was chiefly used by the Glasgow and South Western Railway, being the only yard that that company had part ownership in Carlisle.
The goods yard closed in 1973. The goods shed remaining standing until the 2000s. The site is now various retail outlets.
London Road [Carlisle]
Port Carlisle Junction
Other railway and industry locations
Dentonholme South Junction
Carlisle North Junction
West Walls Goods
Dentonholme North Goods Junction
West Walls Shed
Rome Street Junction
Dalston Road Siding
Dentonholme North Junction
Carlisle South Junction
Crown Street Goods
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|