This was a single platform station with a loop. It was about half a mile west of the village and across the Cairn Water. The platform was on the east (village) side. The station building was timber, originally fitted with a platform side awning which was later removed.
The goods yard, with a single siding, was reached from the north and was on the east side of the station.
The signal box was at the north end of the platform and opened with the line.
The platform was equipped with a water tanks on tressles at either end.
Closure to passengers was in 1943 and complete closure was in 1949.
The site is now very overgrown. A road bridge which crossed the line to the south of the station has been removed. A railway cottage remains in use as a private house.
Other railway and industry locations
Ballochan Linn Viaduct
Lower Portrack Viaduct
Closeburn Quarry Signal Box
Campie Water Viaduct
Cairn Valley Junction
Cargenbridge Chemical Works
Guillyhill Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Cairn Valley Light Railway: Moniaive to Dumfries (Locomotion Papers)
The Glasgow & South Western Railway a History