Gorgie Cattle Market [CR] (1910-1960)
Opened on the Gorgie Cattle Market Branch (Caledonian Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was the terminus of a short branch opened in 1910 from west of Slateford station and just east of Slateford [2nd] station. The approach was from the east. The signal box at Slateford [2nd] was replaced with its opening.
The terminus consisted of a single platform with cattle stances and a loop. This depot was on a much smaller scale to the nearby Gorgie Cattle Market [NB].
Closure was around 1960.
Nothing remains of the terminus due to subsequent developments. It was roughly where New Mart Road runs alongside the Water of Leith.
Murrayfield Stadium [Tram]
Other railway and industry locations
Gorgie Cattle Market [NB]
Slateford Railway Laundry
Gorgie West Goods
Slateford Junction [1st]
Saughton East Signal Box
Gorgie East Minerals
Exhibition Junction [CR]
Gorgie East Goods
Kate^s Mill Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|