A signal box was opened at Manor Powis in 1913 for a new colliery, Manor Powis Colliery opened around 1914. A halt for the colliery was opened in 1916. The location was named for a now ruinous manor house just to the north.
The colliery was to the south of the line with access to it both to the east and west. The bing was to the east.
In 1958 the line east was singled to Cambus Junction. The mine closed in 1972 and the line west to Stirling was singled. A loop remained at Manor Powis. The box and loop closed in 1985 and the line survived in use until 1994. The single track was left in place.
The line was lifted and entirely relaid and re-opened in 2008.
Menstrie and Glenochil
Bridge of Allan
Bridge of Allan [1st]
| Manor Powis Colliery|
Shore Road North Signal Box
Forthbank MOD Works
Stirling Forth Viaduct [SandD]
Abbeycraig Level Crossing
Waterside Level Crossing
University of Stirling
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|