Maryhill East Signal Box (1897-1927)
This signal box was to the north of Maryhill Central station and Maryhill Road and was south of the tunnel under the Forth and Clyde Canal and Tamshill Tunnel.
The box was located in a recess in the cutting on the east side of the line.
Opposite was a reversing spur for the Maryhill Iron Works. This was approached from the north and made its connection at the canal tunnel mouth. There was a short loop and siding with a crane.
The box closed in 1927. The railway closed in 1966.
The cutting has been filled in and built over making re-opening very difficult, despite space being left under the Maryhill Shopping Centre for a possible re-opening.
Other railway and industry locations
Ruchill Iron Works
Glasgow Lead and Colour Works
Maryhill Iron Works
MacLellan Glasgow Rubber Works
Stockingfield Junction [Canal]
Maryhill Central Junction
Kirklee Goods Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|