This junction was east of Fauldhouse station and Fauldhouse Viaduct. It was the junction for the Mouldron Branch (Caledonian Railway) (authorised as Cleland and Midcalder Railway No 4). The branch was on the south side of the main line and trains leaving the branch would head west.
The branch was single track with a loop and siding at the junction. The signal box was in the 'V' of the junction. (The branch and box had a rather chequered history closing and re-opening several times).
The branch opened in 1871 from the 1869 Cleland and Midcalder Line (Caledonian Railway).
The box closed around 1909.
The main line remains open, recently (2019) electrified.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
| Iron Mine|
Levenseat Branch Junction
Benhar Branch Junction
Greenburn Ironstone Pit
Crofthead Sandstone Quarry
Levenseat Lime Works
Eastfield Iron Mine No 3
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Vanished Railways of West Lothian