This was a single platform station. It was south west of Newtonairds House, just north of the Drumpark Bridge.
There was a road bridge over the line just east of the platform. The platform was on the north side of the line and had a building typical of the others on the line. The signal box was at the west end of the platform. The station had a loop on the south side.
The goods yard was north of the station, approached from the west.
The box became a ground frame in 1924. The station closed to passengers in 1943 and the line closed in 1949.
The station site is now very overgrown. Some portions of platform remain.
Other railway and industry locations
Lower Portrack Viaduct
Ballochan Linn Viaduct
Cargenbridge Chemical Works
Cairn Valley Junction
Guillyhill Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Cairn Valley Light Railway: Moniaive to Dumfries (Locomotion Papers)
The Glasgow & South Western Railway a History