This goods and minerals depot was located to the north of Pollokshaws West station and the Pollokshaws Viaduct. The yard was on both sides of the line. The goods shed and loading bank was on the east side, approached from the south. Sidings on the west side were approached from the north.
In addition there were loop sidings on either side of the line - two on the west side and one on the east.
The layout was controlled by two signal boxes on the west side of the line. Pollokshaws North (1900 to 1975) was at the north end. Pollokshaws South, which replacing an older box on the east side in 1923 and closed 1975, was at the south end. Both boxes were replaced by ground frames in 1974 and completely replaced by Glasgow Central Power Box.
The site has been redeveloped but the railway, now a double track only, remains open.
Bellahouston Park Halt
| Pollokshaws Viaduct|
Pollokshaws East Goods
Maxwell Park Goods
Cartcraigs Goods Depot
Auldhouse Coal Depot
Corkerhill Depot Junction
Muirhouse South Junction
Corkerhill Signal Box [1st]
Bellahouston Cleaning Shed
Eastwood Signal box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways