Scottish Agricultural Industries

Location type

Works


Name and dates

Scottish Agricultural Industries (1950-1991)


Description

The 'new' SAI Leith Fertiliser Works by Leith's Imperial Dock was opened in the 1950s. It manufactured sulphuric acid, nitric acid and phosphoric acid. Ammonia Liquor was transported by train to Ardeer.


Tags

Factory

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67