Turfbeg Road Bridge (1848-1982)
Opened on the Scottish Midland Junction Railway.
This bridge, west of the former Forfar South Junction on the main line, formerlly carried the A926.
The line closed in 1982 and the road re-routed to the south. The bridge remains and is listed 'B'.
Other railway and industry locations
Turfbeg Road Bridge
Forfar South Junction
Canmore Jute Works
Station Linen Works
Forfar Shed [1st]
Forfar North Junction
Clocksbriggs Oil Depot
Clocksbriggs Oil Sidings
Loch of Forfar
Bowman^s Level Crossing
St Orland^s Stone
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Tayside's Last Days of Steam
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|