Give us back our footbridge [Evening News]

Date: 05/05/2009

IT WAS built in the late 19th century to replace an ancient road that used to link the city's Old Town and Leith Walk before the opening of Waverley Station. The footbridge, which linked Jeffrey Street to Calton Road, was 'temporarily' closed by British Rail in 1950 and has never reopened [From David Panton]

External links

Evening News

Related images