|/ /1898||Corstorphine Branch (North British Railway)|
|01/01/1968||Corstorphine Branch (North British Railway)|
Corstorphine to Edinburgh (Haymarket West Junction) closed to passengers.
|05/02/1968||Corstorphine Branch (North British Railway)|
Corstorphine to Edinburgh (Haymarket West Junction) closed to freight.
These locations are along the line.
This junction opened in 1876 when the Wester Dalry Branch and Dalry Road Lines (Caledonian Railway) opened, allowing Caledonian Railway trains from Edinburgh Princes Street to join the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway westbound and then, via the Stirlingshire Midland Junction Railway, join the Scottish Central Railway at Larbert Junction and run north to Stirling, ...More details
This was a two platform station. There was a waiting room on the eastbound platform and a booking office on the overbridge to the west on Traquair Park East. There was no goods yard. There was a signal box briefly, it closed in 1906.
This was a two platform terminus approached from the east. The station building was at the buffer end of the station. There were two carriage sidings to the south and a three siding goods yard to the north. A signal box was at the east end on the south side of the station throat.