|/ /1893||Edinburgh Street Tramways Company|
11.5 miles of the Edinburgh Street Tramways Companys lines within the Edinburgh boundary are bought by Edinburgh Corporation and then leased to Dick Kerr and Co Ltd.
|/ /1897||Edinburgh Corporation|
Buys Hanover Street and Comley Bank cable hauled tramways from Edinburgh Northern Tramways Company. Both leased to Dick Kerr.
|/ /1898||Edinburgh Street Tramways Company|
Portobello route bought by Edinburgh Corporation.
|/ /1906||Edinburgh Corporation|
Act passed to allow extension of Liberton Tramway on to Eskbank, Dalkeith and Bonnyrigg. Act re-newed in 1911 but lapse later.
|/ /1909||Colinton Tramways Company|
Formed to extend Edinburgh Corporation tramway from Craiglockhart to Colinton on reserved tracks. Company does not build line.
|/ /1913||Edinburgh Corporation
Gorgie Cattle Market Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Gorgie Cattle Market Branch (North British Railway)|
Agreement between Edinburgh Corporation with the Caledonian Railway and North British Railway over the Gorgie Slaughter Houses.
|/ /1918||Edinburgh Corporation|
Plan fails for a tramway from Comley Bank to Port Edgar, South Queensferry.
|/ /1919||Edinburgh Corporation|
Starts to convert cable hauled tramways to electric.
|01/07/1919||Edinburgh and District Tramways Co Ltd|
Lease of tramways expires and Edinburgh Corporation takes over directly.
|/ /1920||Leith Corporation|
Tramways subsumed by Edinburgh Corporation on the extension of Edinburghs boundaries to include Leith.
Pilrig to Liberton tramway re-opened as electric. Work took 53 weeks.
|/ /1926||Edinburgh Corporation|
Liberton tramway extended to Colinton.
|/ /1928||Musselburgh and District Electric Light and Traction Co Ltd|
Levenhall to Port Seton closed, Joppa to Levenhall services taken over by Edinburgh Corporation.
|/ /1931||Musselburgh and District Electric Light and Traction Co Ltd|
Joppa to Levenhall bought by Edinburgh Corporation. Company continues as electricity supplier and runs buses.
|/ /1934||Edinburgh Corporation|
Provisional order allows building of further tramways, only Braids to Fairmilehead built.
|/ /1939||Edinburgh Corporation|
Tramway from Inverleith Gardens to Crewe Toll under contruction, but never completed.
|/ /1950||Edinburgh Corporation|
Shrubhill workshops ceases building new trams.
|/ /1952||Edinburgh Corporation|
Tramways start to be closed, being replaced by buses.
|/ /1956||Edinburgh Corporation|
All tramways closed having been replaced by buses.