|/ /1840||Gartness Malleable Iron Works|
|/ /1845||Gartness Malleable Iron Works|
Taken over by Monkland Iron and Steel Company.
|/ /1881||Airdrie Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Authorisation for the Airdrie Branch granted - a group of lines called the Lanarkshire Lines. The Airdrie Branch was to run via Whifflet Upper on the Rutherglen and Coatbridge Branch (Caledonian Railway) to Airdrie [CR]. The 'Loop' or 'Lanarkshire Lines' were to run from Airdrie [CR] to Newhouse and beyond, making connection with the existing mineral lines, Salsburgh Branch (Caledonian Railway), near Omoa. Branches to Chapelhall Iron Works, Calderbank Iron Works and Gartness, serving the Gartness Malleable Iron Works, also authorised.