Cleland

View east towards Shotts from the footbridge at Cleland in March 2006. Originally opened as Bellside in 1869, the station carried the name Omoa between 1879 and 1941, before adopting its current title. Signs of the various railways, works and mines that once dominated this area of industrial Lanarkshire are gradually fading. See image 28204

Location: Cleland

Company: Cleland and Midcalder Line (Caledonian Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 20/03/2006

Image number: 44565


Other photographs of Cleland on RailScot