The Shark ballast brake van in the old Border Counties bay at Riccarton in 2007 is BR 993827. The vehicle was built by BRCW in 1956 and placed here by the Friends of Riccarton Junction. The (much modified) brake van is now at Bardney Heritage Centre, Lincs, where it serves Fish & Chips as The Bardney Fryer.
Location: Riccarton Junction
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 47293