A posed platform photograph featuring staff at Kennishead station, thought to have been taken sometime prior to World War 1. The station running in board at this time appears to read 'Kennishead for Thornliebank'. According to Butt's guide previous names attributed to the station were... 'Crofthead' (on opening in 1848), 'Kennishead (Thornliebank)' (1850), 'Kinnishead and Spiersbridge' (1852), 'Kennishead and Spiersbridge' (1855), and finally 'Kennishead' (from 1859). [Former long term mystery image - with thanks to Tavish Roberts for reviving a lost cause].

Location: Kennishead

Company: Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway

Photographer: Mark Blair Collection

Contact photographer: Mark Blair Collection

Contact editor

Image number: 67664

Other photographs of Kennishead on RailScot