Sanquhar

View west across the running lines at Sanquhar in the spring of 2006 showing the old station building on the down platform. Opened in 1850, the station was closed in 1965, only to reopen in 1994. (The boarded up building was subsequently restored and converted to holiday accommodation, thanks to Peter Rushton. See image 5794)

Location: Sanquhar

Company: Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 14/03/2006

Image number: 7002


Other photographs of Sanquhar on RailScot