This is all that remains of the former up platform on the slow tracks of the Midland Railway's Camden Road station, between St. Pancras and Kentish Town, that closed in 1916 and never reopened after WWI. Seen from a passing Thameslink train to St. Albans City at 13.19 on Saturday, 1st February 2025. This station was half a mile or so from the still open ex-NLR Camden Road station, now part of the London Overground although at the time the Midland's station was open, the NLR station was called Camden Town (renamed in 1950). (Apologies for the slight blurriness, due to speed of train.)
Location: Camden Road (MR)
Original line: London Extension (Midland Railway)
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Date: 01/02/2025
Image number: 92284
![]() |