Alyth Junction [Bay platform]

Location type

Station

Names and dates

Meigle [1st] [Bay platform] (1861-1876)
Alyth Junction [Bay platform] (1876-1951)

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.

Opened on the Alyth Railway.

Description

This was the bay platform built for the Alyth Railway at Alyth Junction, see the latter station for details.

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67

Nearby stations
Alyth Junction
Alyth Junction [Branch platform]
Meigle Upper
Newtyle [2nd]
Meigle [2nd]
Meigle [3rd]
Newtyle [1st]
Kirkinch
Washington [N and CAR]
Ardler
Leason Hill
Jordanstone
Pitcrocknie Platform
Auchterhouse [1st]
Auchterhouse [2nd]
Nethermill Junction
Newtyle Junction
Newtyle Mill
Ardler Junction
Hatton Incline
Drumkilbo Siding
Hatton Engine House
Pitnappie Junction
Pitnappie Siding
Pitnappie Quarry
Tourist/other
Camno Crossing
Belmont Castle
Meigle Sculptured Stone Museum
Hatton Castle
Cardean [House]
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.


Belmont Castle


To the north west is Belmont Castle, once the home of James Key Caird, jute baron and mathematician. His name was given to the whaleboat James Caird, famous for the Voyage of the James Caird which led to the rescue of the members of Ernest Shackleton^s Endurance expedition.