Back O Loch Halt (1926-1964)
Opened on the Campsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway).
This halt was built by the London and North Eastern Railway to improve passenger facilities in the area. The station consisted of two wooden platforms.
This station was still visible. The footpaths down from a road over-bridge were still obvious although the platforms are no more. The location was becoming choked with trees.
The location has been obliterated by road development.
From this point to where the solum of the line passes under the Forth and Clyde Canal the line has been landscaped and encroached upon by roads.
Milton of Campsie
Bridgend [M and K]
Other railway and industry locations
South Bank Iron Works
Kirkintilloch Gas Works [2nd]
J and J Hay Shipyard
Basin Iron Foundry
Kirkintilloch Gas Works [1st]
Kirkintilloch Precast Cement Works
Woodilee Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Kirkintilloch Nickel Works
Whitegates Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|