Bothwell Castle Colliery Signal Box (1895-1960)
Opened on the Hamilton Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This was the junction for the Bothwell Castle Colliery Pits Nos 3 and 4. The colliery was on the east side of the line.
There was a good layout of lines. There was a loop on the east side of the line with crossovers. At the south end of the loop was an exchange yard of dead end sidings. The colliery was at the north end of the loop, served from the south.
The signal box (1895) was on the west side of the line opposite the loop. The box closed in 1960.
The site of the colliery has been landscaped.
Bothwell [North British]
Calderwood Glen Platform
Bothwell Park Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Bothwell Castle Colliery Pits Nos 3 and 4
Blantyre Junction [CR]
Blantyre Colliery Pit No 4
Bothwell Castle Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Blantyre No 4 Pit Box
Craighead Signal Box
Bothwell and Uddingston Gas Works
Craighead Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Auchinraith Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
David Livingstone Centre
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|